Anime Review - Corpse Party (Tortured Souls)

''Let's always stay together."

Hello everyone!
So, today I was talking to my sister about super gory animations that we've seen this year and we came up with this one!
I loved to watch this and honnestly, I hope you like it too.
So, let's begin!

Notes: This is a short animation made after the release of a game called ''Corpse Party'' made for PlayStation Portable.
This anime has 4 episodes, it was released in Jully (2013) and the ending adaptation given to it, was one of the two posibilities of the game. I'm not going to spoil about it, so, take a look at it.

Plot:

Heavenly Host Elementary School is a legendary elementary school made for telling ghost stories. 
That school is a very misterious place with a dark past and no one knows exactly what happened there, they only know that a lot of people disapeared and died there. 
After that dark period it was build another school called Kirasagi Academy and agroup of students from there decided to perform the "Sachiko Ever After" charm, which will unite them forever as friends. Upon completion of the charm, a sudden earthquake transports them to Heavenly Host Elementary School, the so feared old school.
Can you imagine what will happen there?





Artwork:

The artork of the anime is amazing because it has a lot of details and the death scenes look so real.
It's colorful eventhough it is a very dark peace of work. 
The ghosts are a bit disturbing because they are litle kids and we never see them as being evil, right?
But that was fascinating to me, because weird stuff make part of my life!
Some scenes are very deep and they just took my breath away. Amazing!





Music:

The OP song is creepy at the beginning but very cool and has a lot to do with the anime itself.

It is called Hoshikuzu no Ring.


The ending song is very calm compared to the storyline, but I like it!

My opinion:

I totally recomend this series if you like horror stories. It's a small story but with a lot of action, tension and gore scenes. 
It's basically a gore fest, but you get attached to the characters.
I recomend it, it's worth it!

Note: It was made another OVA named Corpse Party- Missing Footage.
I will let here the video so that you can see it after watching the anime.



Trailer of the anime:



Thank you so much for your attention, I'll see you on my next post!

XO,
Di.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime Review - Seikon no Qwaser

Why I've been gone

Anime Review - Kill la Kill